After obtaining a final court order in a family action, you have the right to either enforce that order if one party is not doing what they are suppose to do, or you may make modifications if your situation is considered to be a “substantial change of circumstances.” We understand that unexpected issues can arise that make the enforcement and modification of a final court order necessary to provide for your family.

Certain cases of post-judgment enforcement and modification involve the amount of money that one parent and/or spouse has to pay for child and spousal support. Certain reasons such as medical and child care costs, changes in income or disability may also necessitate an adjustment of support. With cases of parental responsibility and time-sharing, one parent may wish to modify a final order when issues regarding relocation, chemical addiction of a parent, age of the child, change in job status or other situations arise with respect to the best interests of the child.

If a parent wishes to relocate with his or her minor child to a new residence 50 miles or more away from the current residence, the relocating parent must enter into a written agreement with the other parent, or obtain the court’s permission. Parental relocation matters are specifically governed by statute.

Main Office:
Villafranco & Garcia, PLLC.
10850 South Federal Highway
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952
(772) 871-6441