For better justice
Port St. Lucie
Power of Attorney Lawyer
Trusted Power of Attorney Lawyer in Port Saint Lucie at Garcia Law, PL
Once you are unable to make decisions for yourself, having a power of attorney in place means a person of your choosing has the authority to make financial decisions on your behalf.
This gives you a lot of peace of mind that your well-being will be taken into account and decisions will be made in your best interest in the event you are unable to make them for yourself.
Power of Attorney
Representation in Florida
Take your side
Build your case
Stand & Fight for you
What Does Power of Attorney Mean in Florida?
A POA is a legal document that delegates authority from one person (the “principal” to another person “the agent”). As the agent, that person is then able to act on the principal’s behalf. The specifics of what they can do as the agent depends on the details outlined in the power of attorney. In some cases, a POA includes broad power for the agent, and in other cases, it applies only in very specific circumstances.
Working with a power of attorney lawyer in Florida ensures your POA document is properly created, the correct language is used, and no details are missed that could negatively affect you in the future.
Types of Power of Attorney in Florida
Please note, F.S. 709.2202 dictates that to give authority for certain steps, a separate signed enumeration is required, including to:
- Create an inter vivos trust;
- With respect to a trust created by or on behalf of the principal, amend, modify, revoke, or terminate the trust, but only if the trust instrument explicitly provides for amendment, modification, revocation, or termination by the settlor’s agent;
- Make a gift;
- Create or change rights of survivorship;
- Create or change a beneficiary designation;
- Waive the principal’s right to be a beneficiary of a joint and survivor annuity, including a survivor benefit under a retirement plan; or
- Disclaim property and powers of appointment.
We look forward to helping you and encourage you
Create a Power of Attorney
No matter what kind of power of attorney is right for you or the questions you may have about taking this step, we are here to help. The power of attorney lawyers at Garcia Law can guide you through this process and ensure compliance with state laws so there are no steps or important points missed.
Call us today.